There are a hell of a lot of variations of the word DETHRONE in metal but this Swedish lot just settled for the verb as their band name. Anders Ekdahl ©2016
How important is the band’s name in giving out the right kind of vibe?
– I think it´s pretty important. The name is often the first thing you see/hear of a band and allready at that point you get your first impressions. It´s great if they match the music.
What was it that made you want to do the band?
– We all knew eachother from other constellations and realized we had the same musical taste and ambissions. The idea came up a late night after a lot of beer (surprise..) and after a couple of rehearsals thing felt pretty obvious.
What is your definition of the metal you play?
-We play modern death/thrash metal with a lot of old school elements. Much energy and aggression and a lot of facepunching.
How do you arrange the tracks? Is there a method to how you arrange the songs on a record?
– The song writing process is that David writes the basics, we others learn our parts and then we polish things up (if we need) in the rehearsal room. The lyrics are written by the member who gets an idea that fits the emotion of the song.
Where do you find your inspiration to create?
– Often it’s all the shit that goes on in the world. Injustice and superiority is common themes in our lyrics. Of course we also get insperation from other bands and music. We love metal and all that comes with it.
How important is the graphic side of the band? How much thought goes into art work etc.?
– It’s very important for us that the products we release look good and proffessional. Both our debut record “Humanity” and the newly released “Incinerate All” has covers that are hand painted by a guy called Joakim Vestlund, and he has really captured the musical emotions and aggression in his works.
Do you find that there is a greater freedom in working with digital than working with physical?
– The opportunaty bands have to reach out to a bigger fan base thanks to digital music, social medias etc. is great, but we must not forget the importance of releasing physical stuff and also support other bands by buying their records instead of just download it. Especially in this genre where so much blood and sweat lies behind every release.
Are there any limitations to digital? Can you do everything you like?
– Even if there are very small limitations in digital music these days, you can´t let the digital tools take over. Music can easily loose its soul if you cheat with the physics.
Is there a scene to speak of for a band like yours? Where do you fit in?
– The swedish metal scene is huge and there are extreamly many awsome bands that never reach a proper audience, so you got to have that little extra to break through. We have made two albums that we are really proud of, and with “Incinerate all” we’ve been taking our music to the next level. If that’s enough to reach out to a bigger crowd, we’ll just have to wait and see while doing our best on stage and keep on playing the music that we love.
What does the future hold?
– The main goal for us right know is to come out in Europe and play our music live. The best gigs for bands like us is the festival-gigs, so we hope that we get that opportunity in the near future.