FRONTBACK is yet another Swedish band that seemed to creep up on me unnoticed. A really cool band that you ought to check out. Anders Ekdahl ©2016
Was it hard to come up with a name? What does the name mean to you?
– The name comes from Anlo´s last name FRONT. Anlo was sure she did not want to have “Front” in the bandname only; “BACK” but ít ended up with both of them and the name does not mean a shit but it is a catchy name!
Who would say have laid the foundation for the kind of sound you have?
– Anlo has always been a big part of the creation of our music but we´ve always been working together to create our sound. We have different tastes of music, and when you blend some punk with hardrock it ends up sounding like Frontback!
When you play slow do you have to think differently arranging the music than if you play faster and vice versa?
– We never play slow!
Will your music work in a live environment? What kind of stage environment would best suit your music; a big stage or a small club?
– We are a very energetic liveband and love to have a lot of space, so we really like the feeling a big stage gives us! But it´s a cool feeling when you get closer to the crowd in a Pub!
Everybody seem to be disappointed with something once they have released a recording. What would you have liked done differently the last time around?
– The sound of the last record might not be the rocksound we wanted. We´ve grown as a band and found our sound better now.
What to you is a great front cover? What should a cover have to make it great?
– A strong picture that makes you look twice! The cover should match the band and what it stands for.
What does the future hold?
– We are about the release our second album this fall together with the Swedish Record label Dead End Exit/Roastinghouse.
We are currently searching for a Booking-agent and are looking forward to tour with the up-coming record!
We will do a show June 4th in Ronneby at the Club Puls together with Lovebomb and Fourever!