I am a word buff so when I find a band name that excites me I want to know the reason behind the choice. So how did you pick your name?
– Well it’s a funny story because the idea of the name is from an ex-member of a past project, when some of us were starting out. And the name stuck with us and when we decided to start this band we all liked it and we think it’s a pretty cool name.
There are so many genres and sub-genres today that it is hard to keep track of them all. So what was it that made you pick the style you play?
– We don’t have a fixed style but our music is a mixture of all our tastes in music, which vary with each member. For the most you’ll find Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Goove Metal and Power metal with some modern influences.
What influences you in creating your music? What is/has been the single greatest influence?
– Our biggest reason to play music is just for the love of it and the pleasure we get from playing. Like we said before, we all have different styles and influences but Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Metallica and Gojira are among our biggest influences just to name a few but we could go on and on naming bands. We try to make music that we enjoy playing and hope that we have the same effect on people listening
How important is it to have a message as a band?
– The message is essential since the purpose of music, like any other form of art, is to serve as a vehicle for ideas to reach your public. We try to write our lyrics about current issues although we also write about personal experiences. In our case we can’t avoid writing about social problems. Heavy Metal gives us the tools to express our opinion and criticize the problems in the world we live in.
Is image an important factor to the bands appearance?
– Every band tries to find their own image the visualization nowadays is key for bands to standout in an ever growing industry. You only have a moment to grab someone’s attention and convince them to stop and listen to you, so yeah, the bands image definitely plays an important role.
How important is it to have an album cover that stands out to grab people’s attention in this day and age?
– Like we just said the bands appearance has a great impact on your public so having an album cover that can stand out among others is always a good way to capture new listeners.
What kind of respect do you get from your local scene?
– We are respected well and get treated well in our local scene especially if you think we have only been around for a couple of years.
How massive is it to get response from places you have never heard of?
– Receiving responses from unknown places definitely motivates you to keep hard at what you’re doing. It’s incredible to know that your hard work can travel so far and reach even more people. We had people from Mexico, Japan, Finland, England… who bought our Ep Revolución we recorded in 2017 so that was amazing.
Is playing live still a great way to get new fans to discover you?
– Playing live will always be one of the best ways for people to discover your music and to gain new fans. Unlike the internet where there’s so much information out there a live performance always brings you closer to the people you’re playing for.
What does the future have in its womb?
– We are really excited to bring out our new album and to see the response of people. As a band just want to keep on playing, creating music and growing together. We hope there are big things awaiting us in the future.