I have not been to Finland but I’ve heard stories of Finnish drinking habits that scare me enough to not want to have a drinking contest with any Finn at all, MUDDY MOONSHINE included. Anders Ekdahl ©2017
As I am not at all familiar with your band perhaps you could introduce it?
– Muddy Moonshine is Blues/Southern Rock band from Finland. Band has 6 members and they have been active for 2 years by now. Lyrics are mostly about Cars, Women and Alcohol.
How hard was it for you guys to pick a name? What had that name have to have to fit your music?
– We (Jarmo, Jonne, Tero) compared ideas in the car. We needed alcohol so, everyone loves homemade Moonshine. And it still missed something, it needed to be dirty. So Muddy rhymed and of course not to forget Muddy Waters, legendary blues figure.
What band(s) was it that turned you on to the kind of music you play? What inspires you today?
– I think Led Zeppelin was biggest influence at the beginning. Now it is very hard to pick a band. Probably Muddy itself.
What is the advantages/disadvantages of CD and vinyl these days of internet promotion where digital seems to be king?
– There are still those who value original CD & LP. Sadly nowdays it is in digital format.
I use Spotify and Deezer but only as compliment to buying CDS (it’s easier to just have your phone or pad when your out) but I fear that soon music as we know it will be dead and buried. What are your worries as a band?
– There are no worries. As long as there are people who value art.
What part does art work and lay out play? Any message that you want to bring forth with it?
– Trying to invoke a vintage Southern feeling, rough around the edges but classic.
Is it a whole different way to promote a band today with all these social media channels? Or do you go about doing promotion the same way? Playing live and word of mouth.
– Playing live is awesome. It’s where you can show people, that you’re really enjoying what you do. It is mutual enjoyment, cos we can see the audience.
Do you feel like you are a part of a scene, locally, nationally and internationally?
– Muddy Moonshine is a Scene.
How much of a touring band are you? Is touring/gigging still a great way of spreading the word of the band?
– Yes. Old school rocks and Rock will never die. (Even tho Bieber and others are screwing with peoples minds)
What will the future bring?
– We’re going to continue what we started. Muddy & Wild -album is the first that we’ve released and i’m sure that there are many more stories to be told.