NEID is the name to be envious of. Short and to the point as is the music of this band. I have a fondness for 80s Italian hardcore. Mix it with a bit of your own and it stands out. Anders Ekdahl ©2016
Was it hard to come up with a name? What does the name mean to you? How important is it to have the right name?
-HEY GUYS!!! The right name is important! Today there are a lot of bands, and with a good and easy to remember kind of name, maybe you can stand out of the “mass.” The name of the band derives from German language and it means “envy.” It is short and easy to remember!
Who would say have laid the foundation for the kind of sound you have? Who are your heroes musically and what have they meant to you personally and to the sound of your band?
– Our roots come, obviously from punk -hardcore … from the old school ‘italian scenes !!! The list is long: Negazione, Wretched, Indigesti, Rappresaglia, Raw Power, Declino, Crash Box, Peggio Punx, Kina, Nabat… we added a bit of Death Metal, to make it all a bit more personal!!!
When you play slow do you have to think differently arranging the music than if you play faster and vice versa?
-Yes! When we play slow, I prefere playing a very easy, but hard, riffs!! The result is amazing!
Will your music work in a live environment? What kind of stage environment would best suit your music; a big stage or a small club?
– We have played in small clubs, and in more big stages. In clubs you can scream all your anger to the people in front of you! Is great! In open air situations, with the ‘help of a good sound technician … you can destroy all !!!! I like each of these situations !!!
Everybody seems to be disappointed with something once they have released a recording. What would you have liked done differently the last time around?
– NOTHING !!! This time I’m really satisfied! Really!!! Emiliano Natali, (our sound engeneer), has really done a great job in ATOMOXETINE our latest album !!! In addition, he concluded the work, with a wonderful analog master!!!
Is it hard to reach out to all those that might be interested in your music? What alleys have you used to get people familiarized with your band?
– The Grindcore is not, and never will be, a kind of easy music to listen . Sometimes, even average metal listeners, are not big fans of this subgenre. It is the real UNDERGROUND music !!! The best solution is PLAYING!!! PLAY LOUD !!! WITH ALL YOUR ANGER!!! Any audience will be understand it !!!
What to you is a great front cover? What should a cover have to make it great?
– It must be strong! Powerful! Better to rely on those who can do a good job! Lately we have been working with Olinokus, an Asian illustrator …. one of the best of its kind !!!
Do you feel that you are part of a national scene? What is the climate for music in your country?
– In Italy we have a lot of great bands!!! Many of these bands play abroad a lot, just like us, you can often find them “on the road”: Voltumna, Kate Mosh, Buffalo grillz, Hour Of Penance, Sperm Blood Shit; Tsubo, Guinapig, Ultimo Mondo Cannibale, Rabid dogs….
How do one promote oneself the best possible way?
What does the future hold?
– we are waiting for confirmations from some festivals and other concerts in Italy. We just came back from a long and nice tour in the US, we will soon publish a new “Tour Diary” (you can find more tour-video on our Youtube channel guys!!!)
SEE YOU ON STAGE, IT WILL BE A PLEASURE FOR US TO DESTROY YOUR EARS !!!
CONTACT US AND DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR COPY OF ATOMOXETINE!!! WE NOISE FOR YOU !!!