For once this is a band that I have some sort of history with. It has come to that time when ONYDIA are about to be interviewed. Anders Ekdahl ©2018
What pressure is there in releasing an album compared to a demo? Do you feel that there is a sort of pressure to succeed when you release and album, that it sort a is for real now?
-I think that in the release of an album there’s The same pression as the pression to release a demo; it’s an artistic work you gotta judge in commercial And stylistical terms you estabilish And it always isn’t so sure. Anyway, we try not to live composition as a pression ‘cause we love our work
When you release a record of any sort what kind of expectations do you have on it? Do you set up goals for it?
– Obviously. Expectations are important to have aims, one prescinds from The other. In this case the most important thing is giving a stylistic mark to this new album And to The idea people has of us
When you release an album and you go out and play live and people know your songs, how weird is that? That people know what you have written on your own?
– If this happens, this means that people listen to your music And to your path to write your songs. If people appreciate The songs an album contains And sing them with you during a concert this means that The album is good in everything, you gave something and The promotion went really good
Do you feel that you have to follow in the footsteps of the last album for a new when it comes to lyrics and art work for everything so that those that bought the previous record will recognize your sound?
– Considering that this is the first album of the project Onydia is difficult to explain but in general I think so. in my opinion you must leave a footprint that characterizes you to make your mark in the hearts of people and this then marks your career
Do you feel like you are a part of a greater community because you play in a band?
– My work is beautiful because it lets me know people from anywhere And share a lot with them, so yes.
How hard/easy is it to come up with new songs that that still are you but doesn’t sound like anything you’ve already written?
– What’s new already is inside of us, so we just have to discover it, this is why I am always myself in every genre
What influences/inspires you today? Where do you draw inspiration from? Is it important to have some sort of message?
– We are inspired by our experiences And reflections we make about them
We hear about what state the record industry is in. Then we hear that cd sales are increasing. As a band that releases records do you notice the state the industry is in?
– It’s a complicated topic. I think every situation is different, every band has its own story. The important thing for us is to give a message of hope. The music industry is constantly changing
What is your opinion on digital verses physical?
– World changes And evolves And this is part of The changing, music is for everyone more than before
What lies in the future?
– The album will come out soon and we will start to perform live. We’ll start working on an album beetween a live and an other one. The aim is to go inside of the heart of who needs to fight and to hope