REXORIA is a pretty new band but even new bands has to start somewhere and what better place for that than BATTLW HELM. So reads this interview, check out the video and buy their record. Anders Ekdahl ©2016
When you formed the band with what intention did you do so? How easy was it to pick up a thread as to where your sound is going?
– Our band REXORIA was formed in the beginning of 2015. We all felt that we had passion for heavy metal music and wanted to create a new touch of the 80’s melodic metal sound.
It’s always hard to make a whole new sound in a music genre but we feel like we have created something that feels fresh and new that will work on the hard rock scenes today. At the same time the sound comes very easy and natural to us and we are very satisfied with the outcome.
As I haven’t recorded anything I have no idea what that is like but are you ever 100% satisfied? How pleased are you with your latest recording?
– We recently released our first EP ”Moments of Insanity” and are really happy with the recording!
For this recording we chose to work in a professional music studio to get as clear and great sound as possible.
We feel that you can hear that to co-operation worked well between the band and the studio manager since the sound is very harmonic. As our first recording we feel like we have chosen the right songs to the audience and for ourselves.
To me a band name is the first thing I notice. If it feels cool then I’ll check the band out. How do you explain the meaning of the band name?
– In the very beginning we decided that we should have a really exclusive and unique band name. Our intension was that you could google our band name and only find information about our band and not get mixed up with anything else.
We can to the conclusion that REXORIA was a really interesting and memorable name and that it looked good as well.
How important is image to the band? What impression do you want the fans to get of the band?
– For us it’s important to have a image that stands out and characterizes the band. We have put a lot of thoughts in how we want to present ourselves and we have found a good image that unites the band.
I am a huge fan of LP art work. How important is it to have the right art work for your album?
– If you have put a lot of thought into your art work, and have made an conspicuous cover, you have a bigger opportunity to get noticed before other bands.
The hard thing is to find someone that has great ideas and are talanted enough to represent the music in the art work.
We live in a superficial world today where you don’t exist if you are not on Youtube and Facebook. Has social media been only beneficial in socializing with the fans or is there a down side to it too
– The social medias have really meant a lot to us. It´s easy and smooth to reach people world wide nowadays.
As long you are active you can create a quite big fanbase online!
The downside is that it’s so many bands today, and they are all trying to go the same way to reach success. Because of this people get so used to see this adds on a daily basis, and are loosing a bit of interest.
Something I often wonder about is when you play in a band does it feel like you are a part of a massive community?
– In general, no. Since the industry today is very hard, and there is a lot of band and only a few gig opportunities, are the bands getting a bit competitive.
But of course it’s always great to find people that is supportive and you are able to work with. That can take you to the next level because you get bigger chanses for gigs, tours etc.
How important is it to be signed to label today? What can they do
that you cannot do on your own?
– The people that we have asked are saying that it is not so important since you can do a lot by yourself. Someone even said that it may be bad for the band if you get a bad contract.
We believe that it would be better for the band to get a great manager who knows the business and are able to make good deals.
How much of a touring band are you guys? How hard is it to get gigs outside of your borders?
– Our goals are of course to be a regularly touring band. The hopes are, as you probably already know, to be able to live on the music.
We believe that our audience are bigger outside the boarders. But in the beginning you need to create a fanbase so you know that people will come to the shows. That’s why you need to establish yourself as a band in the local area before you try your music in other countries.
What will the future bring?
– Of course we want to spread our music and get the chance to do gigs as much as we want.
Hopefully this interview will help us a bit further to reach our goals!