Let’s start with your latest recording. When you look back at it now what kind of feelings do you have for it?
– Hello everyone, and thanks for this interview, well when We look back on this recording can only say that are happy as it has been finally, We love the songs that compose this work, We are more than proud and very happy with the response that people, blogs and zines are having, really positive with our last work “In the inside…Reborn the flesh”
I am fascinated by band names. What was it that made you settle on the one you have and what does it mean to you?
– When We chose the name looked for a shocking name without ending in “tion”, our singer took it from a medical book and liked it all bandmates, although for a few months changed it to Suffering and changed it again for Teratoma. Teratomas are tumors in which more than a single cell type is derived from more than one germ layer, The word itself is derived from the Greek “teras/terato”, meaning monster and “oma” tumor.
What does it mean to you that there are people out there that actually appreciate and look forward to what you are doing?
– It’s great to know that there is someone waiting for new material from the band, many have asked us during these years when there would be new Teratoma songs, even when the band split if we would join again. Does not mean that presses us to compose songs like crazy.
How important is image to the band? What impression do you want the fans to get of the band?
– Never stopped to think about her, maybe because we are always dressed like that since adolescence and it’s been a long time hahahaha, the only thing to put serious faces in the photos and little more.
I am a huge fan of LP art work. How important is it to have the right art work for your album?
-This is very important for us, a cover transmits many things, it is a complement more in the album, with which you want to transmit part of the message you give in your songs and, it is very difficult to choose the correct art work and artist, when you find what you want, or the artist makes the drawing you have in mind is fantastic.
We live in a superficial world today where you don’t exist if you are not on Youtube and Facebook. Has social media been only beneficial in socializing with the fans or is there a down side to it too?
– For us there have been more positive things than negative, to be able to contact faster with old friends and bands that used to be done by postal mail, to get our music much farther than before and to more people, the negative truth very few. you can always find undesirable people, but that has happened very rarely, of course, that magic of the postal mail of the late 80s of the 90s has been lost, and that of knowing bands reading fanzines or magazines on paper.
When you play in a band does it feel like you are a part of a massive community? That you belong to something that gives meaning to your life?
– We´re “old” hahahaha, play death metal because We are passionate about this music for many years, now it is more a way to escape from everyday life, family and jobs Maybe years ago we could have that feeling that playing in a band gave meaning to our lives.
When you are in the middle of it do you notice what state our beloved music scene is in? Is the scene healthy or does it suffer from some ailment?
– It is true that a few years ago the scene enjoyed better health and was more extensive, for example here in Spain the fans have stopped going to the shows, only the big bands usually have full shows, It is also true that now everything is more open and reachable even the range of styles within the metal has become larger.
How much of a touring band are you guys? How hard is it to get gigs outside of your borders?
– Unfortunately, our personal life, both family and work prevents us from making large tours of many days, although we are always open to proposals for shows
What will the future bring?
– Never know, hahaha, for now keep playing and composing the new material for the next edition of Teratoma, try to play live as much as possible without losing the desire or passion in what we do.